Thursday, February 12, 2009

Cadillac, possible motor mount problem, symptoms and cost?

Cadillac Repair
 


Last year my '94 Cadi Concours/Deville was hit in the rear. There was exterior damage, it was taken care of. There was a slight vibration, but the Cadi place said nothing was noticeably causing it.

The car was only driven short distances after that. I would sometimes take it to work or to the grocery. A couple of months ago I was leaving a parking lot, cranked up, moved toward a slight incline in the lot, and the car jumped pretty strongly, the air conditioner fan turned on and the radio faded in and out. Then it died. I re-cranked, and went straight home.

Same thing happened when I had someone test it out by driving it up the street.

I don't have the cash for major repairs right now, so the car is sitting. Someone mentioned it could be a motor mount or transmission mount. What are the symptoms of that? How much do they cost to repair on a '94 Cadi (Concours/Deville)? Could it be something else instead? I'm getting so tired of paying for problems on this car.

No comments:

Post a Comment